Saturday, November 9, 2013

Bliss


I live in the far north, where the winters are long, cold and dry. So dry that you turn into a lizard if you don't slather on some sort of moisturizer at least once a day. It was this dilemma, and a marathon shopping trip to Sephora, that had me stumble across Bliss Body Butter. What first attracted me to Bliss was the Vanilla Bergamot scented Butter, in its beautiful Tiffany blue packaging. This is hands-down my favourite scent - sweet and feminine and downright yummy. It is long lasting and it's nice to hear your husband tell you, at the end of the day, how good you smell. My other favourite scent is the Blood Orange and White Pepper. It is deliciously unexpected, and tickles the nose in the best possible way. 
I've also tried the Bliss Naked Body Butter which is their unscented lotion. What I really appreciate about this brand is that while it goes on thick and smooth, it isn't oily. In a pinch when I've been too lazy to put on my regular face cream (Live Clean Fresh Face) I've used the Naked Body Butter. My skin is fairly sensitive and using the Body butter on my face didn't cause me to break out. It could also be because this brand is full of natural ingredients like coconut oil and vitamin E, and they avoid putting nasty chemicals like parabens and phthalates in their formulation.
I purchased my Bliss' from Sephora, where the large bottles (6.7 oz) run you about $35. While it may seem a bit steep to pay that much for lotion, keep in mind that it will last you a long time, since a little goes a long way and it is so long lasting. If you have a Winners store nearby, check them out for this line as well. While their selection isn't as good as Sephora, you can find the lotions at a discounted price. Wherever you find it, treat yourself - you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment