Monday, October 7, 2013

Shiseido Lipstick

For my first post I thought I'd really start off with a bang - my ultimate lipstick, 'Shimmering Rouge' by Shiseido. My first tube was a gift. Definitely not something I would think to buy for myself, having never bought it before and not being a typical lipstick wearer. From The Bay, this lipstick runs around $30 per tube. But after my first tube (and using it up) I had to buy another.
I'm sure many people could find reasons not to spend this much on lipstick. A total splurge, I will admit, but it is every bit worth the money you spend. It is moisturizing enough not to need a separate base of balm, which I find is true for a lot of other brands. It goes on smoothly and is creamy and gives great colour and shine without being too dramatic. The case is sleek, attractive and solid - no loose lids or ones that fall off while being bumped around in your purse.
I've read other reviews and some claim that this is a plumping lipstick, but I've never noticed it to tingle or to have that sort of effect on me. I have fairly thin lips and have tried plumping balms before but never liked the sensation of them. But what I do like and appreciate about this lipstick is that you do get a nice shimmer but it doesn't make your lips look thin, which shiny colours tend to do.
Normally I am a gloss girl, but I will definitely be keeping a tube of Shimmering Rouge in my makeup arsenal!


No comments:

Post a Comment